So Skinful August was all about getting and keeping your skin in tip top condition. We ingest and put so many toxins in and on the body it is hardly surprising we have so many issue.
My top 10 for skincare
- Drink 2.5L of water a day – to keep you and your skin hydrated and to flush out those toxins
- Stop using harsh laundry detergents and conditioners -anything that claims to get your clothes bright white will have optical brightners in and enzymes that can cause your skin to be dry and cause or worsen eczema – chose natural products like soap nuts, eco-friendly detergents or good old bicarbonate of soda.
- Fill your diet with fresh fruit – berries in particular are full of anti-oxidants and great for
- Eliminate dairy
- Think about what products you are using on your skin -the humble extra virgin coconut oil is a great moisturiser and good for wound care and especially good for chapped skin like nappy rash and eczema
- Cutting out refined sugar and oil from your diet can also eliminate acne flare ups to name just one benefit – you are what you eat so nourish your skin from the inside out.
- Sleep well, we need sleep to let our body rejuvenate and that goes for your skin as well – compare how awful your skin looks after a couple of hours sleep to a proper restful 7 hours. There is a glow and a plumpness to it that sleep deprived skin will not have.
- Facial massage and dermal rollers are are a great way to improve your skin naturally without harsh toxins being injected the true side effects will only be really known about in years to come.
- Eat well, wholefood plant based has so many benefits – for more information from experts such as medical doctors and olympic athletes check out the plant fit summit
- Smile, have fun with friends can give your immune system a huge boost by raising those endorphins.
For more info on any of these points check out my Facebook and Instagram Posts for complete info.
Please get in touch if there is anything in particular you would like me to cover or any comments in general and I will do my best to obliges.
Yours Healthfully Helene